CoreNet Global: Midwest Chapter Young Leaders Committee
Vice President of Young Leaders
Contact Joe (above) or Jordan Grote at email@example.com with questions about this committee.
Attract and retain the chapter’s future leaders with programs designed to engage young professionals 35 years of age and under in the corporate real estate industry through learning, mentoring, and networking opportunities.
To provide individuals with access to knowledge and experience of industry professionals. We can connect locally through the 150 Midwest Chapter members, connect globally through the 8,000+ members worldwide, and connect virtually to develop your network, share knowledge, drive value, and thrive professionally.
WHY JOIN THE YOUNG LEADERS COMMITTEE
• Develop your professional career
• Build your network with corporate end users and service providers
• Attend Young Leader events like speed mentoring, corporate tours, learning seminars, & community events
• Reduced membership dues
• Reduced global summit and regional symposium registrations
• Access to bi-monthly LEADER magazine and knowledge center resources (industry news, trends, and analysis)
• Professional designations (MCR, MCR.w, SLCR) and award recognition
• Attend monthly CoreNet Midwest Chapter events that are learning and networking oriented
MAIN COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES
• Monthly committee meetings – Last Friday of each month
• Organize events like our recent Meet & Greet Speed Mentoring
• Encourage leadership and networking opportunities
• Volunteer at community events; Partnership with YouthLink
• Promote peer collaboration and continuing learning
• Pair up with seasoned mentors (click here for more information on our Mentor Program)
We regularly host social, educational, and volunteering events! Below are just a sampling of past events.
April 26, 2016-Perkins+Will Relocation to the IDS Center: studioMPLS + Tour!
studioMPLS is the new, self-designed home of the Minneapolis Office of Perkins+Will, a multi-disciplinary design firm located in the iconic IDS Center. The studio saw the relocation as an opportunity to craft a playful work-in-progress – a constantly evolving maker-space to share work and test new ideas. The April Young Leaders program offered a behind-the-scenes look at Perkins+Will’s new workplace in the IDS Center. The panel featured project team members
Jessica Wolkoff, Anne Smith and Russell Philstrom who shared how they set out to achieve more with less – designing an unconventionally productive and healthy space. Young Leaders also had the opportunity to network at an informal HH at Mission Bar & Grill.
March 5, 2015 CoreNet Young Leaders Meet & Greet
Young Leaders had the opportunity to attend a forum where 7 seasoned professionals shared their experience and insights in a fun and exciting environment. The forum was in speed dating format, so the mentors rotated every 10 minutes among tables of Young Leaders.
- Andy Babula, UnitedHealth Group
- Marcia Droege, Land O’Lakes
- Brian Dusek, Prime Therapeutics
- Ann Hansen, Cresa Partners
- Cathy Schmidt, Surfacequest Solutions
- Josh Stowers, MSR
- Brian Woolsey, Cassidy Turley/DTZ
We hope you'll join us next time!